Performance Event Services is in its 28th year in business. Starting under the name Performance Sound and Lighting (1985), PES has grown in the twenty eight years from a small, local business to a heavyweight nationwide competitor. In 2005, PES changed its name from Performance Sound and Lighting to Performance Staging. In 2010, we had a final name change to Performance Event Services, which better describes the variety of services we offer.
Today, clients range from local banquet centers to large fortune 500 companies such as Walt Disney Corporation and Ford Motor Company. PES provides everything from bleachers for national sporting events to stages for headlining concerts. With a 30,000 sq ft warehouse stocked full of event products, PES offers the largest inventory of event rental in the northeast United States. PES has grown from a small paper business to a corporate office with integrated CAD designs offering a realistic production perspective through drawings and renderings.
As PES continues to grow, it is constantly looking for better ways to serve customers. With 28 years under its belt, PES has acquired an extensive stock of event products. PES carries everything from concert stages to customized ADA ramps and lifts.
As a true “one stop shopping” event services company, Performance Event Services is sure to have any and all of your event needs. We have the stock and products of a large corporation with the individualized customer service of a family owned business. We guarantee that we will provide your event with the best products and superior customer service.
Roger started his dream of owning an event services business with a 1979 Mustang, a 4’ x 8’ cargo trailer, and a modest sound system. He started offering his services to touring bands and, over the years, steadily grew his business. What started as a cargo trailer quickly became the large, 30,000 square foot warehouse that Performance operates in today.
Roger truly pours his heart and soul into his business – he’s the first to arrive, last to leave, and works alongside his employees every day. His dedication and passion for the event industry has enabled him to build one of the most successful event services companies in the nation. Roger credits his success to a great staff and an ability to offer the highest quality equipment at an affordable price, with a commitment to client satisfaction that is second to none.
Did You Know?
- Roger has a serious addiction to Speedway slurpees
- Whether traveling for personal or business, he’s always scouring the streets for local pawn shops
- Roger is an avid Craig’s List surfer
- If he wins the lottery, Roger’s first purchase will be a Mulholland Blue Chrysler Prowler, complete with matching trailer
Email Roger! email@example.com
Pedro’s formal title is General Manager/Logistics although he is better known as Roger’s “right hand man.” He is a client favorite due to his wealth of knowledge, personal demeanor, attention to detail, and dedication to every project. Pedro is known around the office for his high spirits and passion for the job. Like Roger, Pedro works alongside each team member and will not hesitate to help wherever needed.
- Pedro’s ideal day is spending time with his family (especially his grandchildren)
- He breeds American Bulldogs and has a passion for all animals
- Pedro is a talented painter – in addition to painting murals for family and friends, he recently painted a mural of the Performance logo in our warehouse
Email Pedro! firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Business Development
David has been a Technical Director in the entertainment industry for more than 20 years, and is known throughout the live events industry as a solution provider. As a member of several social media forums and local technical networks, David’s aptitude and expertise integrate both the creative and technical sides of the industry. This enables David to bring an extensive and comprehensive knowledge to each meeting, event or promotion he has the opportunity to work in.
David ’s experience includes successfully providing a cost effective solution to the Disney Dream dedication ceremony, working with the White House, leadership communications, and live events throughout the United States. He’s been a featured speaker at the Michigan Festival & Events Annual Seminar and continues to assist clients and venues with cost effective solutions while providing premium production services.
- Dave is our local coffee guru – he should own stock in Starbucks
- Dave was actually a shoe salesman for one week. He had to quit because he couldn’t stand the stinky feet!
Email David! email@example.com
Director of Outside Sales
Susie brings experience and enthusiasm to all her projects. She has held leadership positions in the fields of computer technology, training, project management, medical communications, and event planning. Susie has a track record of planning, executing, and moderating flawless events.
Her previous experience in managing corporate events enables her to work with all levels of management and staff effectively. Susie has developed an outstanding reputation for providing clients with personalized hands-on service, based on core values of ethical business conduct, creativity, and teamwork.
As Director of Outside Sales, Susie ensures overall quality and consistency in client relations, helps determine client strategies, and executes events that support their objectives.
Did You Know?
- In her next career, Susie wants to be a back-up singer for Jimmy Buffet
- She enjoys watching her son play football
- Like Roger, Susie also loves slurpees
- She has a true love for shopping and can justify any trip to the mall!
Email Susie for a quote! firstname.lastname@example.org
Conceptual Designer/CAD Specialist
Jerry wears many hats at Performance. Not only is he our in-house Conceptual Designer/CAD Specialist, Jerry also maintains the phone system, inventory management system, and doubles as local computer support. Jerry earned a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Clemson University in South Carolina. Over the course of his career, he has specialized in lift assistance, automotive engineering, assembly lines, gauges, and fixtures of semi-automated machines. His education and level of detail not only keeps Performance competitive but ensures the highest quality and perfection with each job.
- Jerry enjoys spending time with his wife and two boys, whether they’re camping, canoeing, or just spending a leisure night at home
- Jerry and his son are both certified SCUBA divers – they are part of a team restoring a 40’ Double Mast Schooner
- He also enjoys volunteering for the Great Lakes Sea Cadets, a youth organization who develops maritime interests
Email Jerry! email@example.com
Event Services Coordinator
Elaine is a Performance veteran. She started working for Roger in 1998 and has grown with the company and our clients. Elaine takes pride in knowing all of our customers on a personal level. She knows children’s names, wedding dates, birthdays, and when grandchildren are born. Elaine handles all recurring events and customer needs for Performance. She specializes in finalizing long-term contracts and provides the consistency that clients desire.
- Roger and Elaine are siblings!
- Elaine’s favorite person is her son, Max
- She makes a mean salad and is our in-house culinary genius
Email Elaine for a quote! firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleen comes to Performance with over 12 years accounting experience with a leader in the precision machining industry. Because of her background, it is easy for Colleen to understand how our custom equipment is built and anticipate costs related to expanding our inventory. She also keeps us organized – which is easier said than done! Since Colleen handles all daily accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions, she’s in contact with our customers often.
Did You Know?
- If she’s not at her desk, she’s probably at the bank!
- When not at work, a majority of her time is spent with her son on the baseball field and in the dance studio with her daughter
- Northern Michigan is one of Colleen’s favorite travel destinations
Email Colleen! email@example.com
Event Services Coordinator
Laurielle is a motivated and results driven Event Services Coordinator here at Performance. She treats each client uniquely and tailors her services to each specific event. Laurielle has an excellent customer service track record and prides herself on helping each client carry out flawless events. Her fun spirit and attention to detail makes it easy for clients to communicate with her.
- Laurielle has been riding horses for over 14 years.
- Two years ago she adopted her first rescue dog, Darla, and she is very spoiled.
- She is addicted to Tim Horton’s sprinkled donuts.
Email Laurielle! firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle A. Dennis,
Event Services Coordinator
An experienced event planner and service coordinator, Michelle brings her professionalism and sweet personality to work with her everyday. Michelle’s primary account is Party Max, Performance Event Services party rental division. Event planning is something Michelle has a true passion for and her dedication and drive for perfection makes her an excellent party specialist.
- Michelle’s favorite season is summer.
- She has 2 beautiful children.
- She is a student at Schoolcraft College.
Email Michelle! email@example.com
Marty has a very impressive resume. With over 30 years in accounting and human resources, he brings a wealth of business knowledge and experience to our accounting department. Six years ago Marty was elected to the Royal Oak School Board and continues to assist in the Royal Oak School District. Outside of the office Marty gardens and spends time with his son and daughter. He also thoroughly enjoys giving Colleen a hard time when in the office.
- Marty has a rescue dog named Vinny and a cat named Snooky.
- Marty is addicted to coffee and has his own personal Keurig at the office.
Email Marty! firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany manages Performance Event Services marketing, advertising and communication efforts through a variety of campaigns and business initiatives. She has a bachelors degree from Wayne State University and 9 years of experience in the entertainment and events industry. In her spare time, Tiffany enjoys hanging out with her sister Katie.
- Tiffany has been a figure skater for 23 years!
- She has a yorkie named Charlie.
- She is a huge supporter of special needs children and adults.
Email Tiffany! email@example.com